Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

2014 Festival of Trees Christmas Cards

After several false starts to make my Christmas cards,  beginning with:

I stamped a sheet of card stock with one of the tree stamps from Stampin' Ups Festival of Trees set using their Garden Green ink pad, scanned it into my computer and printed out enough for 150 cards.  I hand cut out all the trees and then used a gold metallic gel pen to color all the balls on the trees.

The next step was to use the star stamp from that set to stamp strips of card stock using a metallic gold ink pad...which did NOT show up as being gold.  Oh, the stamp was gold, my fingers were gold, but the image on the card stock was definitely NOT gold!  The fix for that was to  use a gold metallic gel pen to color each and every one of those 150 stars.  After hours of coloring and then cutting out about twenty of them, I realized I could have used some gold metallic card stock and the Cricut.  I spent probably an hour getting the stars sized at 1/2 inch and lined up on the screen then had the machine cut them out.  Once cut, I realized they were NOT the same style star as what the screen showed - the top point was taller than the other four points.

After using up the peel-and-stick sentiments on 25 of the  dry embossed  snowflakes on the card fronts, I stamped the sentiment then dry embossed the snowflakes on the next 125 fronts.   I cut pieces of plain white card stock at 1.5 inches by 4 inches to wrap the ribbon around and tie with a knot.  I cut the grosgrain ribbon at nine inches and started tying knots.  When I went to Walmart to get more spools of 3/8 inch Christmas green ribbon, I found not one spool.  In fact, the whole ribbon section was a colossal mess.  The few spools of green ribbon I managed to locate were mossy or pea green or way too wide.  So it was back to my ribbon stash to see what other green ribbons I have on  hand.

 I found some half-inch organdy ribbon so I cut lengths and proceeded to use up all that ribbon.

(I just counted the finished cards to discover that somehow I actually made 140 cards and I don't know where the other ten went!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...