Thursday, March 14, 2013
These are the cards no one wanted to try on Saturday.
After working on the one card (the birthday cards with the stacked flowers in yellow & blue) off and on all day to make 24 of them, now I know why. They didn't seem to be so time consuming when I made the samples...learned my lesson! There was a lot of cutting out of flowers, etc., because I don't have a punch for the stamp and for some I should have used the Cricut to cut out the nose and eyes for the dragon card (that would have saved a lot of punching). I had cut all the other pieces for that card; Helen inked all the edges and assembled about half the cards which I finished today.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Last Saturday, Bonnie, Patricia, Esther, Helen, Beth, Margie, Eva, Ida, and I finished making 182 cards to be sent to Operation Write Home. I'd like to be able to do this about every other month; unfortunately, we plan to leave in April for the Oregon coast (nine weeks on the road in our RV)so that puts paid to that plan. We had some cards left over from the last card making session that wouldn't fit into the large Express Mail box provided by the Post Office so I put them in this box and managed to get 285 in to be mailed tomorrow. I believe I have enough cards no one was brave enough to attempt on Saturday to probably fill a small box. Hopefully, I can get them finished and mailed before we leave on this next trip.