Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hannah's Cathedral Windows Quilt

These photos are of the quilt I began working on in 2004 for my eldest granddaughter, Hannah. So far I have cut out about 1024 (I haven't really counted them!) 7-inch squares, turned 480 -so far- of them into 3-inch squares which were then sewn into 12 strips of 32 squares each. I only need 32 strips to make a queen size quilt. Then I have to sew 2-inch squares of various printed cotton squares (left over fabric from some of the many clothes I have made for her until a couple years ago) onto the 3-inch squares. I guesstamated that I would need about 1002 of those little 2-inch squares. A friend talked me into making this quilt as it is suppose to be very easy for a beginner and it involves no batting or backing; once the last square is stitched onto the quilt, it will be finished. At the rate I'm going, that will probably be in about 35 years as I only have 8 of the 63 rows of little squares done. I also have high hopes of making similar quilts for my other two granddaughters, Hope and Morgan. So I cannot die until 2114!




1 comment:

Janice said...

When do you want to finish mine?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...